Monday, December 2, 2013

Let's start at the very beginning...

Ok, let me be the first to say I suck at being an awesome mom, but I am still trying to make magical and worthwhile memories for my family. In an effort to be accountable for my failed efforts and forgetful ways I have decided to keep a blog as a sort of family journal of our family home evenings. For anyone reading that doesn't know what that is. It's a night, once a week, Mondays are a good night, that our family gets together, has a spiritual thought, game or activity, special treat, songs are usually involved and it's opened and closed with a prayer. Sounds fun right? For some reason every Monday, bed time rolls around, mine not the kids - by this time they have been in bed for hours, and I remember that yet again, I forgot.

So here goes. I'm giving myself the next four weeks to plan and prep for our family home evenings. I want to follow the lessons in the Nursery Manual: Behold Your Little Ones (https://www.lds.org/manual/behold-your-little-ones-nursery-manual?lang=eng) and supplement the remaining 22 weeks with special red letter day lessons. Brian and I will take turns teaching and preparing the lessons, making treats and planning activities. We will try to take photos of each family night.

No comments:

Post a Comment